Think Property & Co are closely monitoring the COVID-19 changes and adapting our work practices appropriately. We have indefinitely changed all public opens to private inspections, where strict health standards and social distancing are practiced. In this blog, the TP&Co team provide an update on protocols pertaining to property – from routines inspections to maintenance and more.
The majority of agencies have switched to virtual inspections whereby the tenant sends a video of the property. TP&Co’s routine inspections are undertaken virtually through Inspection Express and Zoom, which have received great feedback from our tenants and landlords. If a physical inspection does need to take place, caution is advised for tenants and visiting inspectors. Both parties must be showing no symptoms of coronavirus, and tenants should not be in the house during the inspection.
Moving during a lockdown? REIV President, Leah Calnan, has welcomed clarification from the State Government that Victorians can still move home during the lockdown, even if it involves travelling into a different region. You can read the REIV’s full media release here.
ThinkProperty&Co sanitise each property before and after our private inspections.
- We are extremely vigilant about wiping down all metal surfaces
- We have purchased a truck load of disinfectant eucalyptus spray and wipes to clean door handles and any other surfaces that are touched
- The TP&Co team wear a mask/ appropriate face covering and gloves. We kindly ask all prospective tenants to do the same.
- We ask our prospective tenants not to touch anything unless they have a wipe in there hands or gloves on
- All current tenants are asked to vacate the property during the inspection
- We have limited capacity to allow only one person inside with a TP&Co agent at all times
Private inspections take us up to 1 hour to complete, taking into consideration the time required to clean the property before and after an inspection.
Maintenance and repairs – Tenants are encouraged to continue reporting maintenance and repair issues within their property as they arise.
Emergency repairs and maintenance will continue to go ahead, however, if something can wait, it’s recommended to revisit the problem once the pandemic is over. This helps mitigate the spread and risk of tenants and tradespeople becoming infected.
Think Property & Co wish to remind our wonderful community that we’re only a phone call or email away. Whether you’re enquiring about your investment property or lease agreement, our friendly team would be delighted to answer your questions. Contact us today!