Congratulations, you survived 2020! It feels like we say this at the end of each year but seriously… what a year it has been! Welcome to Think Property & Co‘s December wrap-up, a reflection on all of the happenings within the property industry – and our team – in 2020. With the end of year fast approaching, we hope that your hard efforts are rewarded with a moment of relaxation and well-deserved rest this holiday season.
ThinkProperty&Co’s office will close Wednesday December 23rd, 2020, and reopen on Thursday January 7th, 2021.
However, Sarah, Randall and Martine will continue to show properties and lease homes during this period. So rest assured, our team are still on hand to support you, actively leasing properties and responding to all enquiries throughout the holiday period. We have a number of moving in between Christmas and New Year, and we’ve been working hard to secure the perfect tenant for their investment!
Emergency maintenance will be handled remotely by the team and our trades partners during this closure period.
Following the holiday break, the Think Property & Co office is open by appointment only, allowing two visitors at a time. We’re still being extremely cautious with our inspections, ensuring we thoroughly sanitise each property prior to showing and keeping all details in line with government requirements. You can read more about our safety and hygiene protocols here.
Our office has survived the COVID storm due to being able to adapt quickly to change. Our small but incredible team’s adaptability, coupled with our seamless switch to a cloud based software on the 1st of July, gave us the flexibility to work from home, or from our car!
So what is the TP&Co team getting up to these holidays? Sarah is off to spend some quality time at her family home outside of Melbourne. Randal and Martine are also spending some well needed time with family and visiting central Victoria for a few days.
While this year has been a challenging one for all of us, particularly those in Melbourne, things are looking brighter as the summer days get longer. The Real Estate Institute of Victoria (REIV) earlier this month released a detailed plan for a COVID Safe summer in the real estate sector, in response to the Premier’s relaxation of restrictions. This news is warmly welcomed by us all!
- Opens for inspection are now permitted.
- Auctions may be conducted indoors or outdoors.
- Real estate offices can have visitors, subject to maximum permitted on-site.
- In all cases make sure your COVIDSafe plans are in place and you have considered the density quotient.
- Where possible use an electronic record keeping method so the maximum permitted at an auction or inspection can be 1 person per 2 square meters. Venues and offices with manual record-keeping methods are subject to a lower maximum permissible limit of 1 person per 4 square metres.s
- Where possible use an electronic record keeping method so the maximum permitted at an auction or inspection can be 1 person per 2 square meters. Venues and offices with manual record-keeping methods are subject to a lower maximum permissible limit of 1 person per 4 square metres.
We extend our sincere gratitude to all Melbournians for your resilience and dedication, and of course our community for the continued support through these unique times. To learn more about how the real estate industry is working to keep Melbourne safe and #BetterForEveryone, read our recent blog here.
The Think Property & Co family wish our community of clients and friends all the very best this holiday season, and sincerely thank you for your support throughout the past year. We look forward to working with you to reach your property goals in the New Year!